Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 34 - Going up to 80mgs

On Monday I met with the dermatologist for my monthly appointment.  He upped my dosage to 80mg from 40mg.  Only doing it for two days I have noticed a drastic difference in how dry my nose, lips and mouth are.

I am using more lotion throughout the day and drinking a lot more water. I am noticing more joint and back pain that I was before on 40mg.  I also have gotten bloody noses more frequently.  My cuticles on my fingers require more attention as they are starting to peel like plywood left out in the rain then dried again. I also have to pay special attention to my ears.  They get this weird texture to them sometimes and will flake on the inside of my ear, which I am sure just looks great to others.

I have to make sure I always have a tube of lip balm and a small bottle of lotion with me at all times. At work I have to check the mirror every so often to make sure I don't have any dry patches or unsightly flaking skin.

After the break I posted a picture of a bloody phlegm wad I had when I woke up the other day.  It is caused by getting a bloody nose when sleeping and it just pooling up in the back of my throat.  If you have a weak stomach don't check it out, otherwise click away.



bloody phlegm wad from after I woke up the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment