Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 32 - Noticing an an improvement


I have noticed a marked improvement in the condition of my skin.  First I have noticed that the occurrence of large painful zits and cysts.  Second and most interestingly I can now take a shower at night and not feel dirty in the morning.  My skin would produce so much oil that after waking up I would feel dirty if I didn’t take a shower.   Along that same note I can go longer without a shower and my hair does not get greasy.

This week I went to San Francisco and spent a lot of time in the sun.  I made sure I lathered on the SPF 45 on a regular basis to ensure that I did not get burnt, as Accutane will greatly increase photosensitivity.  I took this picture of the San Francisco painted ladies, the yellow one is the Full House House.
San Francisco Painted Ladies


During my trip I had the opportunity to sit in a steam room at the health club in my hotel.  It felt so nice to soak up all that moisture into my skin.  It was an odd feeling to have my skin cascade off in sheets when I touched it though.  All that dead skin that was trapped in emulsified lotion usually took a good 10 minutes in a shower to get off with out pouring hot water on it directly.  With the heat and high humidity after only a few minutes my skin would roll off effortlessly.  I had to ensure that I quickly applied lotion when I got back to my room as not let my skin dry out and crack.

I did try a new product while I was in San Francisco.  This conditioner all but stopped my itchy scalp.  I am going to continue using this stuff and see how it works.  I never used conditioner before, as my hair was greasy enough.  Now I can’t get enough of this stuff.

Bonacure conditioner.  Fixed my dry scalp issue in two days.  Two thumbs up.


I do have some spots that I would like to point out.  Look after the break for more juicy details:


First, in between my thumb and index finger it continually gets dry.  I assume that this is because I put my hands in my pockets a lot.   You will also see a small scab from my scratching my skin because of how itchy it was.
Dry skin from Accutane


Second, at the tip of my nose I have a red spot.  There was large pile of dry skin that I pulled of this morning around 11am.  This picture was taken at 5pm.  You will notice that I have a lot of dry skin balls on my face and you will also notice that my pores are starting to push out dried up gunk that has built up for who knows how long.  The combination of the two makes for a rather interesting texture to the skin of my face.
Red spot from dry skin wad that was pulled off.  Also dry pilly skin.



Third – My lips
It was hard for me to get a picture that captured what my lips looked like.  They are not splitting but I do have a lot of excess skin that stays around.  The dead skin combined with the copious amounts of lip balm that I use make for a rather unattractive white ring around my lips that I have to actively remove otherwise it looks like I have really bad cotton mouth.

Dead skin and lip balm.


Fourth – My jaw line and end of my eyebrow
You can see that I have two small zits.  One an my jaw line and the other just at the end of my eyebrow.  They are both on the right side of my face.  They do not hurt.


3 comments:

  1. I've just found this post via Google and wanted to ask, how did you heal the red patch of skin on your nose? I have something similar at the moment.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My same problem. Dead skin someone can help me

    ReplyDelete
  3. My same problem. Dead skin someone can help me

    ReplyDelete